Today’s potato chip news roundup canvasses the web for interesting stories on chips.
- Lay’s introduced a lattice-cut potato chip (I guess to compete with Cape Cod). This includes a new flavor as well: aged cheddar and black pepper. I’ll definitely be trying these.
- Here’s a collection of one author’s collection on strange potato chip flavors. Is the steak flavor really that strange though?
- Another collection of 35 weird potato chip flavors from around the world.
- The Washington Post did a write-up of Route 11 Potato Chips, and its strength as a regional chipper in a competitive market.
- Did you know that, according to a radio station in Detroit, every 3/14 is national potato chip day? Also, Detroit leads the country in potato chip consumption? Check it out here (oddly no 2014 posting, only a 2013 article).
- A Wired profile from July 2013 on the potato chip capital of the world, and their use of lard. I really like the John Updike quote in this article.