Ruffles potato chips are one of the flagship brands under the Frito Lay snack umbrella.
Known for their r-r-ridges, the rights to sell Ruffles were purchased by the Frito Lay company in the late 1950s. The brand merged with Lay in 1961.
Ruffles are like the Arial or Times New Roman fonts of potato chips – the global default for a given purpose (namely, dipping a chip into some kind of white creamy dip). Although the brand offers a variety of flavors, the ubiquitous original are found in countless housewarming, birthday, and first communion parties.
No online store is available, but you can find them in pretty much every grocery store. The brand currently offers the following flavors:
- Cheddar & Sour Cream
- Deep Ridged Classic Hot WIngs
- Deep Ridged Loaded Bacon & Cheddar Potato Skins
- Deep Ridged Sweet & Smokin’ Barbecue
- Reduced Fat
- Simply Sea Salted Reduced Fat
- Smokehouse Style Barbecue
- Sour Cream & Onion
- TAPATIO Limon
- Ultimate Kickin’ Jalapeno Ranch
- Ultimate Tangy Honey Mustard